Digital Water Color Practices....


One of my goals this year is to branch out and stretch the limits of Photoshop with watercolor effects. I need lots and lots and lots of practice! I did a quick digital pencil sketch this morning and practiced with a few different brushes. I didn't use any selection tools to paint...I really want a loosey-goosey feel (although this little guy isn't there yet...not loose enough!)

I LOVE watercolor paintings but could never grasp the traditional technique for myself. Paige Keiser makes it all seem effortless...she's a fantastic traditional painter. Digital painting makes it possible for me to change errors, try different effects, etc. and I absolutely love it! I'm hoping to be able to buy my Cintiq this year which will make the painting all the more fun and easy!

There are free watercolor brush sets available for Photoshop on the web (I need to put something like a few links here, don't I?!). This is where my expertise ends (for now) and new reading begins! Dani Jones-- Danidraws.com is a tremendous talent and resource for all things digital! Check out all of her blogs...there aren't enough hours in the day to learn so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog