Let your sketches do the talking...


I had a little down time this afternoon, so I started a sketch of a toddling kiddo in the yard.  She reminds me so much of my daughter at that age, in particular the hair "fountain".  As I painted, she seemed to smile back at me.  She waved and begged me to go outside to see the beautiful flowers in our yard. She even stopped to pick a few. 

Hmmm...goosebumps...

So, I let her take my hand and we stepped outside to oooh and ahhhh over the explosion of vibrant colors blooming all over the yard.  Wow...and to think I might have missed it!  It made me pause and reflect...I am thankful for a husband who's thumb is way greener than mine.  And I am truly thankful for the gift that God gave me that allows me to create.  I am even more in awe that HE connected with me through a sketch! 

HELLO SPRING!


The following images represent the steps I took to complete the illustration "Kellie".
Digital Pencil Sketch


Background gets painted in several layers.
The baby girl is painted in several layers, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog