Let your sketches do the talking...


I had a little down time this afternoon, so I started a sketch of a toddling kiddo in the yard.  She reminds me so much of my daughter at that age, in particular the hair "fountain".  As I painted, she seemed to smile back at me.  She waved and begged me to go outside to see the beautiful flowers in our yard. She even stopped to pick a few. 

Hmmm...goosebumps...

So, I let her take my hand and we stepped outside to oooh and ahhhh over the explosion of vibrant colors blooming all over the yard.  Wow...and to think I might have missed it!  It made me pause and reflect...I am thankful for a husband who's thumb is way greener than mine.  And I am truly thankful for the gift that God gave me that allows me to create.  I am even more in awe that HE connected with me through a sketch! 

HELLO SPRING!


The following images represent the steps I took to complete the illustration "Kellie".
Digital Pencil Sketch


Background gets painted in several layers.
The baby girl is painted in several layers, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 LA SCBWI Conference...the Faculty "ONE WORD" List

Sometimes you have to go with your gut...