Always Carry a Sketch Book...the more the better!

Scattered...Work In Progress


I have a mini sketchbook in my purse, one in my car, another in my knitting bag, and still another in the bag I carry to work.  I even keep one by my bed (which is where the idea for Scattered was sketched).

 I keep all of my sketch books...tattered, old and dusty has a place, too.  I even keep the napkins I sketch on at a restaurant! Sometimes I peruse through a sketch book that was started over a decade, or more, ago and get inspired by a drawing I did but perhaps didn't like. It's also a great way to record how I have evolved as an illustrator, going from traditional to digital.  When I have days where I feel less than artistic, I pick up an old sketch book and prove to myself that I really can draw :)

The illustration above will hopefully be completed this week.  I'll post the progress!

This week I will also be posting a few sketches from a book I am working on.  I can't give any details but I can share a few snippets!

Comments

Stacy A. Gray said…
Cute Deb! I need more sketchbooks! I'm running low.
This is so cute. You have such a great way with perspective in your work. My favorite sketch medium is copy paper. Not very archival but I always seem to do my best work there.

Popular posts from this blog

2016 LA SCBWI Conference...the Faculty "ONE WORD" List

Sometimes you have to go with your gut...

Let your sketches do the talking...